A liver transplant involves a surgical procedure to replace a person’s diseased or injured liver with a partial or whole a healthy liver from another person (donor).
If the liver stops working properly which is termed as liver failure, an individual has to approach the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai to get a proper treatment and can save your life.
Why should you approach a Liver Transplant Surgeon?
When a person can’t lead a normal life without a functioning liver, it means they are prone to primary liver cancer or liver failure. This is where one should approach the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai because he/she will help you identify the reason for a liver transplant surgery as it can vary depending on the patient’s age and severity of the disease.
As a potential candidate transplantation, approaching the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai will be the right way to:
1. Evaluate and discuss your condition with you and your family members
2. Talk about the various and appropriate treatment options including liver transplant
3. Address your queries and concerns regarding the entire liver transplant procedure
Also, the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai will find out,
1. Whether you/ your caregivers are able to understand and follow the instructions which are given after your transplant. They need to ensure that you are mentally prepared for caring for a new liver.
2. Whether you have good support from your family members or friends to care for you before and after the liver transplant.
3. The best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai will also review your medical insurance and other financial resources to help you with the cost of the surgery, medicines, and care.
What are the pre-evaluation measures taken by the Liver Transplant Surgeon?
The medical tests are recommended for the patients by the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai to know how likely you are able to survive the liver transplant surgery, what are the other health related conditions or diseases you have, along with the causes and severity of the liver disease.
RIMS Hospital is equipped with the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai to perform medical tests such as:
1. Physical exam
2. Blood test
3. Urine test
4. tests that provide pictures of internal organs in your body, called imaging tests
5. tests to check how well your lungs, heart, and kidneys are working
If the patient is capable of the liver transplant surgery, the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai would provide information regarding:
1. The evaluation and approval process
2. The waiting periods
3. Placement on the national waiting list
4. Reasons of being removed from the national waiting list
5. How people are chosen for liver transplants
6. Surgical and recovery time
7. The long-term demands of living with a liver transplant, such as intake of medicines for the rest of your life
But if the patient’s health condition evaluated from the above tests ensures the body is not in a good condition to undergo the surgery, the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai will inform you that the liver transplant surgical procedure is not possible when certain medical conditions and illnesses make a liver transplant less likely to succeed. Some of the reasons may include:
1. Severe infection
2. Problems due to intake of alcohol or drug abuse
3. Cancer outside the liver
4. Serious lung or heart disease
The best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai utilises the cutting-edge technology, innovation and protocols to provide you with serious liver, HPB and GI conditions a new lease of life.
The best Liver Transplant Surgeon in Chennai
Prof. Mohamed Rela is the world’s renowned liver transplant surgeon currently associated with RIMS Hospital in Chennai. To get to know more about this best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai, you can go through his tremendous achievements in the field of liver transplantation and hepatopancreatobiliary surgery.
Achievements of Prof. Mohamed Rela
In his long and accomplished career, the best liver transplant specialist in Chennai – Prof. Mohamed Rela has been part of many firsts in surgical excellence in India and across the globe.
This best Liver Transplant Surgeon in Chennai has notable laurels that include:
- Prof. Mohamed Rela is the pioneer for having performed more than 4000 liver transplantation and hepatopancreatobiliary surgical procedures.
- This best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai is remarked in the Guinness book as the first Indian surgeon for having performed a successful liver transplantation on a 5-day- old-girl.
- He is the talented and the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai for having performed the youngest successful liver transplant surgery on a 1-month-old baby
- The vast expertise in the medical field for about 3 decades has made him the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai to handle his patients who are affected with liver disease using a holistic approach with an access to cutting-edge technology along with his team of caring medical professionals.
- The innovative medical technologies used by this best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai has given the highest success rate in delivering best liver transplant outcomes as par the international standards.
- The liver transplant cost is comparatively high in India but this best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai provides a comprehensive liver treatment with his team of dedicated doctors, and paramedics making it economical for the patients compared to the other liver transplant doctors in Chennai.
- He ensures to use the state-of-the-art modular operating theatre technologies which is specially designed to control, manage and regulate blood flow which is so crucial for this best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai to create success stories in liver and laparoscopic surgeries, and HPB Surgeries.
At RIMS Hospital, Prof. Mohamed Rela, the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai and his team of highly talented and skilled professionals will work cohesively throughout the transplant process to give a seamless experience to the patient as much as possible.
Liver Transplant Treatment at RIMS Hospital
There are different surgical approaches to treat the several types of liver disease besides liver transplant. You ought to consult with the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai for an advanced treatment who can help you identify the exact cause of the liver disease and know the cost for the liver transplant in Chennai.
If you or your close ones is in need of a liver transplant in Chennai or have any questions regarding the liver disease, it is advisable to approach the best liver transplant surgeon in Chennai, Prof. Mohamed Rela where you can expect extensive care as he has a personalized treatment plan enabling his patients to access an advanced medical care and help them live longer and healthier.
Read also Best Foods for Liver Health.